MA 422 Mathematical Modeling
Handouts (pdf files)1. Basic ideas of mathematical modeling.
2. Programing in Matlab. M-files.
3. Modeling with differential equations. Continuous dynamical systems.
4. Modeling with difference equations. Discrete dynamical systems.
5. Dimensional analysis.
6. Empirical (experimental) models. Effectiveness and validity.
7. Interpolation and model fitting.
8. Simulation modeling. Monte Carlo simulations.
9. Discrete and continuous optimization modeling.
10. Modeling with systems of difference and differential equations.
11. Instructions for Projects