- Fundamentals of Calculus (3-credit first calculus course)
- Calculus 1 (4-credit first calculus course)
- Calculus 2
- Calculus 3
- Differential Equations
- Mathematical Methods for the Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Modelling
- Differential Geometry
Graduating Math Minors photos
ResearchI have been working in algebra and ring theory, in particular with rings of operators, involutive rings, graded rings, Leavitt path algebras, clean rings, rings of quotients, torsion theories, rings with derivations, Baer *-rings, and finite von Neumann algebras.
- L. Vas, Graded irreducible representations of Leavitt path algebras: a new type and complete classification, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 227 (3) (2023), 107213.
- L. Vas, Simplicial and dimension groups with group action and their realization, Forum Mathematicum, in print.
- R. Hazrat, L. Vas, K-theory Classification of Graded Ultramatricial Algebras with Involution, Forum Math., 31 (2) (2019), 419 – 463.
- L. Vas, *-Clean Rings; Cleanness of Some Baer *-rings and von Neumann Algebras, Journal of Algebra, 324 (12) (2010), 3388 – 3400.
- see all publications »
- The Graded Classification Conjecture for graph algebras. Presentation at the Western Sydney University Abend Seminar, September 3, 2020 and Rings and Wings, U of Colorado, Colorado Springs Algebra Seminar, March 17, 2021.
- Dimension groups with group action and their realization. Presentation at the Asia–Australia Algebra Conference, Western Sydney University, Australia, January 21 – 25, 2019.
- K-theory classification of graded ultramatricial *-algebras. Extended version of presentations at the 33nd Ohio State – Denison Mathematics Conference, Columbus, OH, May, 2016 and AMS Sectional Meeting, Bowdoin College, Brunswick ME, Sept 2016.
- Algebaization of operator theory. Presentation at several universities in Australia and New Zealand, February – April, 2017.
- see all selected presentations »
All content copyright Lia Vas. All rights reserved.